The latest research and many studies all point in one direction, namely…
- Adding probiotics daily to your diet will help balance your gut, including killing off the fat-producing bacteria causing weight gain.
- If at the same time you lower your intake of sugar and carbs, then you create optimal conditions for weight loss. It could not be simpler!
You need the right kind of probiotics for weight loss
There are several different species of probiotic bacteria thought to promote weight loss. Some studies show that lean people have much more lactobacillus and bifido bacteria in their gut. On the other hand obese people can have up to 90% less of those good probiotic species involved in weight loss.
Most effective is consuming a probiotic supplement daily to improve and gut balance and create the right conditions to lose weight
Consuming probiotics for weight loss is ideal for most people. It is simple, cheap and works. So what do you have to do?
Even small diet changes are very effective; start out slowly, and make only a few changes at the time
- For a quick start, buy a powerful probiotic supplement. This will point you in the right direction. However, this is just the start.
- Lower your intake of sugar as it feeds the growth of bad bacteria, including bacteria which promotes abdominal fat. Lower the intake of sweet fizzy drinks, processed foods, jams and similar products.
- Increase your intake of healthy fats such as avocado, nuts and olive oil.
- Start consuming fermented milk products, fermented vegetables, or sauerkraut. Learn to prepare fermented foods yourself.
- Increase your intake of fresh vegetables, berries, nuts, and fruit. Striving toward 50% plant based food will make it easier to control your weight and enjoy vibrant health.
- Exercise more . Best are short, intense 30 second bursts of exercise. Rest for 1.5 minutes and do another 30 second burst. After 6-8 such intervals your body starts producing large amounts of growth hormones. Keep total exercise time below 30 minutes. You can do these walking or running, on a bicycle, in a gym. Do this once a week to start with, then increase to 2-3 times per week, but not more.
How long before I start losing weight?
In the study referred to above, it took only three months to lose almost 5% fat, mostly from the abdomen. This is fast, considering that the participants in the study did not move over to a strict diet. They just consumed a fermented milk product daily without changing anything else.
If the only thing you do is take a probiotic supplement daily perhaps you can lose 4-5% fat in a few months. However, by avoiding sugar you’ll see much faster results, and you’ll feel better too.
Each individual is unique and so is your body’s response to probiotics. But one thing is sure: Your gut loves probiotics and you will benefit greatly from it. Even if you mainly take probiotics for weight loss, your health will still benefit in many other ways.